Renting an Articulating Boom Lift vs. Building Scaffolding
Typically, if you work in an industry where you and your equipment, supplies or materials will require to be lifted to heights to perform your work, you need a platform that will help you get there safely. In the construction field, the main modalities utilized are scaffolding or an articulating boom lift.
Both of these important pieces of equipment can be bought or rented. But which of these two do you rent in the Virgin Islands? Well, we will discuss the pros and cons of each to help you make an informed decision.
Articulating Boom Lifts
Also known as knuckle booms, they are a type of aerial work platform that comes with several boom sections that hinge. The hinged sections allow the user to access aerial areas that are tough to access without the help of such machinery. The machine can lift you even in narrow spaces, even for indoor work.
- Maneuverability: The equipment can move in various sections, allowing the operator to move around obstacles and get to the exact position that needs work. It makes it easy to reach spots that would be normally hard to reach.
- It is excellent for indoor work: Not all aerial work platforms are designed for indoor work. But articulating booms offer so much control that it makes them easy to use indoors.
- They can reach maximum heights: Articulating boom found at Allied Heavy Equipment Rental located in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands can reach a height of up to 135 feet (or more), making them ideal for individuals looking to lift workers, supplies or materials to higher areas.
- You need a means of transportation to move the lift from one construction site to another.
(Fortunately, we have a resolution for that simple dilemma – call to learn more about our recommended delivery company: Grade-All Heavy Equipment!)
Scaffolding is especially popular in many construction sites. It is a temporary platform used by the workers to increase their reach while also supporting them safely while they are constructing. Scaffolding can be used in all types of construction in the Virgin Islands, from repairing the various Caribbean buildings to building new structures.
- Easy accessibility: It creates a safe and secure working space for all workers.
- Scaffolding balances perfectly: Workers can balance themselves at varied grades and pitches and in different positions, making it easy for them to build these next to wherever they are working.
- Assembling and dismantling the scaffolding building is easy, saving a lot of time to be used during construction.
- You must assemble it correctly for it to provide a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Leaving building materials on the scaffold can increase the risk of accidents.
Both of these equipment tools are ideal, depending on your construction site and specific needs. For indoor constructions and tall buildings, we advise renting an articulate boom lift. Choose scaffolding building for outdoor finishes. You can count on us for Construction Equipment Renting in the Virgin Islands. Call us now for more information.
Allied Equipment Rental Center – St Thomas – Renting is the Smart Way of Getting Things Done!